What’s Happening: Tevva, a British electric vehicle manufacturer, has partnered strategically with Ecobat, a global leader in battery recycling, to manage its lithium-ion batteries. The partnership begins with a 12-month pilot phase for first-life battery management, with potential for expansion into additional energy storage and recycling solutions. In the event of any issues with Tevva’s lithium-ion batteries during the vehicle’s lifespan, Ecobat will handle, diagnose, and repair them using the most effective and environmentally friendly methods.
Why It Matters: Tevva is committed to implementing circular economy principles, zero waste, and cost reduction in managing its electric truck’s lithium-ion batteries, the most expensive component. By partnering with Ecobat, a globally recognized battery expert, Tevva demonstrates its commitment to providing its customers with the best and fastest service while minimizing environmental impact.
- Tevva and Ecobat have entered a strategic partnership for lithium-ion battery management
- The partnership begins with a 12-month pilot phase for first-life battery management
- Ecobat will handle, diagnose, and repair Tevva’s lithium-ion batteries during the vehicle’s lifespan
- Tevva aims to reduce costs, minimize waste, and implement circular economy principles
- The partnership demonstrates Tevva’s commitment to providing customers with the best possible service and preparing for battery end-of-life
- Ecobat’s partnership with Tevva expands its lithium-ion recycling footprint and furthers the circular energy economy.
Bottom Line: Tevva has partnered with Ecobat to manage its lithium-ion batteries, beginning with a 12-month pilot phase. This partnership demonstrates Tevva’s commitment to providing its customers with the best possible service while reducing costs and minimizing waste. By engaging with global battery experts Ecobat, Tevva is also preparing for battery end-of-life responsibly and sustainably.