Elli, a brand under the Volkswagen Group and one of Europe’s leading e-mobility service providers, will introduce an array of new charging products and services at the International Motor Show (IAA) in Munich. Additionally, the company will provide insights into its future roadmap, including its focus on holistic energy solutions and upcoming energy innovations.
Why It Matters
The e-mobility sector is pivotal for reducing carbon emissions and combating climate change. Elli’s new offerings aim to simplify and accelerate the transition to electric vehicles (EVs) by enhancing both the range and reliability of charging options. The company’s strategic focus on holistic energy solutions is significant as it positions Elli as not just a service provider but as an integral part of the renewable energy ecosystem.
- The Flexpole: A centerpiece of Elli’s IAA display, the Flexpole is an easily-installable fast charging station with built-in battery storage. It can connect to low-voltage grids without requiring specialized transformers or construction, and can deliver charging speeds of up to 150 kW. This equates to around 160 km of range in just 10 minutes for most vehicles.
- Expanded Charging Network: Elli is bolstering its existing network of over 540,000 charging points, aiming for comprehensive coverage and convenience.
- Selected Partner Network: Elli is offering its customers access to a premium network of charging point operators that meet stringent quality standards. Amenities at these high-performance charging stations include cafés, restaurants, and restroom facilities. Members of the Elli Drive Highway tariff also enjoy exclusive energy discounts.
- Battery Management Strategy: Going forward, Elli will emphasize the role of the EV battery as a critical energy storage solution. The company aims to transform into a software-driven energy company and a primary provider of complete energy solutions.
- Energy Trading Platform: Since July 2023, Elli has participated in Europe’s largest energy trading exchange, EPEX. Their intelligent platform optimizes battery storage, automating the purchase and sale of electricity to maximize both revenues and the utilization of renewable energy sources.
Elli is extending its commitment to advancing e-mobility with new products and an expanded network of charging points. Beyond serving as a mere service provider, the company is investing in comprehensive energy solutions that promise to play a vital role in the sustainable energy landscape. The announcements at the IAA underline Elli’s strategic ambitions to be at the forefront of the e-mobility and renewable energy sectors.