What’s Happening: Nissan is preparing to showcase its Max-Out all-electric convertible concept at Auto Shanghai 2023 on April 18, accompanied by a range of new and future products, including two other concept vehicles making their global debut. The event will highlight Nissan’s commitment to providing diverse mobility solutions for consumers in China.
Why It Matters: As China is the world’s largest automotive market, Nissan’s focus on meeting the diverse needs of Chinese consumers with electric vehicles (EVs) aligns with the growing global push for sustainable transportation. The introduction of new EV models tailored for the Chinese market can help Nissan gain a competitive edge.
- The Max-Out convertible concept, first revealed in 2021, embodies Nissan’s Ambition 2030 vision for addressing consumer, environmental, and societal needs in a sustainable manner.
- A new EV concept model, designed and manufactured in China, will be showcased alongside the Max-Out, offering an exciting and confident driving experience for a wide range of lifestyles.
- Nissan will also display electrified vehicles featuring all-electric and e-POWER powertrains, representing the company’s approach to changing how cars are powered, driven, and integrated into society.
- Auto Shanghai 2023, the 20th Shanghai International Automobile Exhibition, will take place from April 18-27 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center, with press days scheduled for April 18-19.
- On the first press day, Nissan’s display will focus on electrification, while the second day will highlight SUVs and the unveiling of the third concept car.
Bottom Line: Nissan’s participation in Auto Shanghai 2023 demonstrates the company’s commitment to expanding its electric vehicle offerings in the Chinese market. By showcasing the Max-Out all-electric convertible concept and other EVs tailored to the diverse mobility needs of Chinese consumers, Nissan is positioning itself to capitalize on the growing demand for sustainable transportation in the world’s largest automotive market.