Investing to Further Expand Electrification Portfolio Through Organic and Inorganic Growth While Seeking to Maintain Top-Quartile Margins
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – BorgWarner Inc. will unveil Project CHARGING FORWARD at its Investor Day today. The project represents an acceleration of its electrification strategy, which is expected to bring the company’s electric vehicle revenue from less than 3% of total revenues today to approximately 45% in 2030.
Frédéric Lissalde, President and CEO of BorgWarner, said, “Our company’s 100-plus year history is a story of evolution, built on superior product leadership, an agile, decentralized operating model and disciplined financial and operational management. As we plan for the next decade-plus of profitable growth, now is the time to move away from a balanced propulsion strategy and accelerate our shift towards electrification. We believe the electrification opportunity is real, large, near term and important to our sustainability goals. We’ve been building toward capitalizing on this opportunity for years and are confident we have the scale, portfolio, financial strength and team to execute successfully.”
At today’s event, BorgWarner will provide insights into the company’s acceleration of its positioning and outlook in an electrified world. Highlights will include the company’s:
- Project CHARGING FORWARD, which is its plan to grow revenue from electric vehicles to approximately 45% of total revenue by 2030 from less than 3% today. The plan comprises three pillars: profitably scaling electric light vehicles, expanding into electric commercial vehicles and optimizing the company’s combustion portfolio through the planned dispositions of businesses with between $3 billion and $4 billion in aggregate revenue;
- Decentralized organizational structure, system and component offerings, scale to deliver and commercialize innovative technology, and award-winning teams that the company believes are its competitive advantages to capitalize on its electrification initiatives;
- Continued focus on sustaining top-quartile, double-digit margin performance while significantly evolving its business mix;
- Expectations to generate approximately $4.5 billion in free cash flow between 2021 and 2025 (before acquisitions and dispositions), contributing, along with an investment-grade balance sheet and additional capital from planned combustion dispositions, to capital available for accelerating electric vehicle positioning through M&A and organic investments; and
- Plans to maintain its vision of a clean and energy-efficient world, including a commitment to achieving carbon neutrality by 2035.
Conference Call and Webcast Details
Today’s Investor Day presentation will begin at 9:00 a.m. (EDT) and will be broadcast virtually from BorgWarner World Headquarters.
The presentation can be accessed by dialing (844) 264-9340 (U.S.) or (267) 753-2116 (International) and giving the passcode 9958459. A live webcast of the conference call will be available on the investor relations section of BorgWarner’s website at borgwarner.com/investors.
The materials for today’s event, including a presentation and an infographic, are available on the investor relations section of BorgWarner’s website at borgwarner.com/investors under Events and Presentations.
BorgWarner Inc. is a global product leader in clean and efficient technology solutions for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles. Building on its original equipment expertise, BorgWarner also brings market leading product and service solutions to the global aftermarket. With manufacturing and technical facilities in 96 locations in 24 countries, the company employs approximately 50,000 worldwide.