ECD Auto Design, a preeminent firm specializing in bespoke Land Rover restorations, announced seven improved features of its second-generation electric powertrains. Designed to redefine the luxury driving experience, these new systems aim to combine enhanced performance and efficiency with the intrinsic charm of classic vehicles.
Why It Matters
Since 2020, ECD has led the pack in integrating electric powertrains into classic Defender restorations. The company’s latest advancements demonstrate a continued commitment to excellence and evolution, representing a significant leap forward in their relentless pursuit of perfection in electric vehicle (EV) technology.
The notable enhancements incorporated into ECD’s next-generation electric powertrains include:
- Fast Charge: Systems designed for high-speed charging, achieving a charge level from 10% to 80% in under an hour, ideal for diverse lifestyles.
- Creep Mode: Designed to facilitate slow driving when the brake is released, mimicking the feel of a conventional automatic transmission.
- Cruise Control: Standard feature in all new builds to meet modern EV standards.
- All-new Components: Every build will be equipped with a brand-new, U.S.-made electric system, backed by vendor warranties to improve customer service.
- Two- or Four-Wheel Drive: Providing options for better range or superior off-road ability, augmenting the versatility of ECD’s EVs.
- Changeable Drive Modes (Sport, Eco, Normal): Allows drivers to adjust throttle pedal response, power, and vehicle efficiency.
- Interactive Touchscreen Display: Provides real-time data to drivers, including accurate charge information and mileage range.
Elliot Humble, chief technology officer and co-founder of ECD Auto Design, pointed out that their clients increasingly prefer electric options for the impressive acceleration, durability, and low maintenance requirements. The innovative features of ECD’s next-generation EV systems underscore the company’s unwavering commitment to meet these client preferences, further cementing their position as pioneers in the electric vehicle restoration space.