Polestar and Xingji Meizu Forge Strategic Joint Venture, Bolstering Growth in Chinese EV Market

Polestar announces a strategic joint venture with technology firm Xingji Meizu. The collaboration aims to leverage shared competencies, thus accelerating growth in China’s burgeoning EV market.

What’s Happening

Polestar, a subsidiary of Polestar Automotive Holding UK PLC (Nasdaq: PSNY), has declared a strategic joint venture with technology company Xingji Meizu, aimed at the Chinese market. This venture aims to enhance its position in China’s growing Electric Vehicle (EV) market. By consolidating Polestar’s prowess in design and performance with Xingji Meizu’s expertise in software and consumer electronics hardware, they expect to amplify their market impact.

Why It Matters

China, as one of the fastest-growing EV markets in the world, has specific consumer trends that include escalating integration levels between consumer electronics devices and vehicles. According to Thomas Ingenlath, Polestar’s CEO, the partnership with Xingji Meizu allows for a locally tailored user experience, meeting the expectations of both drivers and passengers in China.

Key Points

The joint venture plans to enhance Xingji Meizu’s technology platform, Flyme Auto, evolving it into a seamless operating system for Polestar cars in China. This OS will incorporate in-car apps, streaming services, and intelligent vehicle software, complemented by mobile and augmented reality devices. Polestar plans to transition approximately 130 commercial staff in China to the newly formed company, which will exclusively manage Polestar sales and service within China.

Polestar will retain 49% of the joint venture’s equity, while Xingji Meizu will hold the remaining 51%, taking on responsibility for arranging the venture’s future financing.

Bottom Line

This partnership between Polestar and Xingji Meizu, a premium technology company committed to user-focused, cutting-edge products, symbolizes the future of smart mobility in the EV sector. Xingji Meizu Chairman, Ziyu Shen, envisions this collaboration as an opportunity to offer users an immersive experience across a wide range of devices. Meanwhile, Polestar will continue its collaboration with Google on infotainment systems powered by Android Automotive OS for its cars in other markets. This venture sets the stage for significant developments in China’s EV industry.


Avatar photo
The EV Report

The EV Report is a digital platform dedicated to the global electric vehicle industry. It is a product of Hagman Media Group, and its mission is to inform, engage, and connect industry professionals and EV enthusiasts with relevant news and insights.