What’s Happening: Eaton, an intelligent power management company, has announced the launch of a 3-in-1 battery pack vent valve for electrified vehicles. The valve is designed to perform three functions, including a battery case leak-check mechanism, passive and active venting to provide overpressure relief for electric vehicle battery packs.
Why It Matters: As electric vehicles become more powerful, it’s important to ensure the safety and integrity of their battery systems. Eaton’s 3-in-1 battery vent valve is a new technology that helps address this issue, and its flexible design makes it easy for manufacturers to customize the valve to meet their specific requirements. The valve’s leak-check feature eliminates the need for the valve to be installed as the final step in the assembly process, which helps improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Eaton’s eMobility business has introduced a 3-in-1 battery pack vent valve for electric vehicles
- The valve performs three functions, including a battery case leak-check mechanism and passive and active venting to provide overpressure relief
- The valve’s leak-check feature eliminates the need for the valve to be installed as the final step in the assembly process
- Eaton has developed a tool for customers to actuate the leak-check mechanism on their assembly lines
- The valve’s flexible design allows it to be customized to meet specific opening pressure requirements, and it can be assembled through a quick-connect feature or by a screwed metal-to-metal connection
Bottom Line: Eaton’s new 3-in-1 battery pack vent valve is a flexible and customizable technology that helps ensure the safety and integrity of electric vehicle battery systems. Its leak-check feature and flexible design make it easy for manufacturers to incorporate the valve into their assembly processes, improving efficiency and reducing costs.