What’s Happening: Bosch, a leading provider of charging services for electric vehicles (EVs), has announced that its services will be available in Maserati’s new electric model, the GranTurismo Folgore. Drivers will have access to Bosch’s extensive charging network of 450,000 publicly accessible charge points across 30 European countries, with expansion planned in the Asia-Pacific region throughout 2023.
Why It Matters: As the world shifts toward electric vehicles, the convenience of recharging, availability of charge points, and ease of payment become crucial factors in their widespread adoption. With Bosch’s charging services, drivers can experience reduced range anxiety, making EVs more suitable for everyday use. The partnership with Maserati highlights Bosch’s commitment to expanding its charging network and promoting electromobility.
- Bosch expects that by 2030, more than one in three new vehicles worldwide will be purely electric, and in Europe, as many as two in three.
- By 2035, Bosch anticipates that one in two newly registered passenger cars worldwide will be electric.
- Bosch’s charging solutions business is expected to grow by more than 50% each year by the end of the decade.
- Maserati’s GranTurismo Folgore will provide users with Bosch charging services, making it easy to find a charge point, charge, and pay for the service.
- Bosch charging services also include offerings for charge point operators, enabling remote control and management of charge points.
Bottom Line: Bosch’s integration of charging services into Maserati’s GranTurismo Folgore emphasizes the company’s dedication to making electromobility more practical and accessible for everyday use. With a growing charging network and services that ease the charging process for both drivers and operators, Bosch is playing a vital role in accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles and helping countries achieve their climate goals.