ADS-TEC Energy has announced a strategic partnership with charging solutions provider eliso. The collaboration is poised to establish over 1000 ultra-fast charging points by 2025. As part of the deal, eliso will install and operate several hundred of ADS-TEC Energy’s storage-based fast-charging systems, specifically for the electrical retail chain EURONICS Deutschland eG. The initial charging points are slated for installation this year.
Why It Matters
This partnership aims to accelerate the adoption of e-vehicles by ensuring easy charging integration into daily routines. By leveraging ADS-TEC Energy’s innovative storage-based platform solutions, EV owners can experience ultra-fast charging, even in areas with power-limited grid connections, making e-mobility more accessible and attractive.
- Partnership Details: The contract encompasses the ChargePost and ChargeBox platforms alongside long-term services.
- Ultra-Fast Charging: ADS-TEC Energy’s battery-buffered charging technology enables rapid charging in minutes, delivering up to 320 kW even in urban centers or remote locations with restricted grid access.
- Innovative Features:
- The ChargePost model merges battery-buffered charging with charging electronics and battery storage. It also offers optional 75-inch monitors for ultra-HD advertising.
- The ChargeBox, with a compact design, boasts flexibility in its installation, allowing charging points to be placed within 100 meters, even indoors. It can harness power from the existing distribution grid and amplify the charging power to 320 kW.
- Benefits for Public Charging: With strategic location partners, including Paderborn/Lippstadt Airport and EURONICS, eliso aims to create a vast fast-charging network. ADS-TEC Energy’s solutions will help stabilize the grid by balancing renewable electricity supply and demand in real-time.
Johannes Brodführer, Managing Director of eliso GmbH, emphasizes the significance of this collaboration in building a reliable public fast-charging network. Thomas Speidel, CEO of ADS-TEC Energy, shares the enthusiasm, highlighting the potential of their storage-based solutions to transform the fast-charging infrastructure in Germany, making e-mobility an integrated part of users’ daily activities.