What’s Happening: BMW M GmbH has unveiled the flagship version of its first-ever high-performance electrified vehicle, the BMW XM Label Red. The hybrid powertrain delivers a stunning 748 hp, making it the most powerful BMW M model ever produced. Production is set to begin in August 2023 at the BMW Group Plant Spartanburg in the USA.
Why It Matters: The introduction of the BMW XM Label Red is a significant milestone for BMW’s high-performance division, showcasing the potential of electrified drive systems in high-performance vehicles. China, the USA, and the Middle East will be the primary sales regions for the model.
- The XM Label Red features an M HYBRID system that combines a V8 combustion engine with an electric motor integrated into the eight-speed M Steptronic transmission.
- The vehicle can sprint from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 3.8 seconds, with a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph), or 290 km/h (180 mph) with the optional M Driver’s Package.
- The high-voltage lithium-ion battery offers a usable energy content of 25.7 kWh, allowing for an electric range of 75-83 km (47-52 miles) in the WLTP cycle.
- The Combined Charging Unit enables AC charging at up to 7.4 kW, taking 4.25 hours to charge the battery from 0 to 100%.
- The vehicle features an adaptive M suspension Professional and Integral Active Steering, providing a well-rounded driving experience.
Bottom Line: The BMW XM Label Red combines impressive performance, advanced electrification technology, and distinctive design elements, offering customers a unique high-performance vehicle that transcends traditional conventions.