Fisker Inc. disclosed its plans to amplify the production rate of the Fisker Ocean, its all-electric SUV, this September. The manufacturing initiative is projected to surge from approximately 180 units daily to 300 units daily by Q4 2023. This undertaking is in collaboration with their manufacturing partner, Magna.
Why It Matters
Fisker’s decision to accelerate production aims to address the growing demand for electric vehicles, emphasizing their commitment to sustainable transportation. The company’s endeavor to ramp up impacts the U.S. market and resonates with its expansion plans across Europe and North America.
- By the week of September 4, Magna Steyr has manufactured a total of 3,123 Fisker Ocean vehicles, with just under 3,000 handed over to Fisker.
- In the U.S., over 450 vehicles have either been delivered or are in transit, with an additional 1,500 vehicles set to arrive shortly.
- Europe has taken delivery of nearly 1,000 vehicles, with 325 successfully delivered to customers.
- Continuous software updates are improving vehicle functionalities, enhancing the customer experience.
- Retail, delivery, and service operations are expanding, including recent inclusions of Canada, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Switzerland.
As Fisker progresses with its production ramp-up, the company is concurrently focused on enriching the customer experience. Chairman and CEO Henrik Fisker expresses gratitude towards their early customers, acknowledging their pivotal role in providing constructive feedback. This input has directly influenced the ongoing improvements in vehicle software and overall performance. Anticipating the delivery of all 5,000 Fisker Ocean One launch edition vehicles by September 30, 2023, Fisker is determined to put the keys in the hands of as many customers as possible. The company’s commitment to advancing the electric vehicle market remains unwavering, as demonstrated by its rapid production and delivery initiatives.