What’s Happening: Mullen Automotive, an emerging electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer, announced a partnership with Global EV Technology and EV Technologies (collectively known as EVT) to develop improved energy management technology for enhanced range and performance in electric vehicles.
Why It Matters: As the demand for electric vehicles continues to grow, improving battery range and performance has become increasingly important. This partnership aims to create innovative solutions that can provide consumers with more efficient and reliable electric vehicles.
- Mullen Automotive will own 51% of the newly formed entity and consolidate the results of its operations in Mullen Automotive, Inc.
- Global EV Technology will contribute its technology and existing contracts to the partnership, while Mullen will provide capital, execution, and commercialization.
- Both companies will work together to develop known verified technology for enhancing vehicle performance and extending battery range.
- The initial focus of the partnership will be on improving Mullen’s lineup of commercial and consumer EVs.
- Lawrence Hardge, the founder of Global EV Technology and chief scientific officer, has a successful 30-year career as an inventor.
- He holds over 120 intellectual prototypes, numerous patents, and trademarks.
- Hardge is the inventor of the Knock Out 360 Fire Extinguisher, one of the few UL-approved extinguishers for electric vehicle fires in the US market.
- He has been featured in various magazines, including Barron’s, and received the Spirit Award from the Detroit City Council for providing Knock Out 360 Extinguishers to local residents.
Bottom Line: The partnership between Mullen Automotive and EVT promises to advance energy management technology for electric vehicles, ultimately leading to better range and performance. As the electric vehicle market continues to expand, collaborations like this are essential for driving innovation and meeting consumer needs.