Mullen Automotive, Inc., an emerging player in the electric vehicle (EV) manufacturing sector, celebrated the start of its Class 3 EV vehicle production at its Tunica, Mississippi, assembly facility on August 24, 2023. The event showcased the first of the Class 3 EV trucks as they made their debut from the assembly line.
Why It Matters
The event signals a significant step forward for Mullen in the EV industry, emphasizing its commitment to sustainable transportation solutions. With the continued growth of the EV market, such launches indicate not just corporate growth but also the broader transition towards a more sustainable automotive industry.
- The event offered attendees, which included state and local leaders, media representatives, investors, and customers, a comprehensive view of Mullen’s operations. This encompassed a factory tour, a corporate presentation, and test drives of both Class 1 and Class 3 commercial vehicles.
- David Michery, CEO and chairman of Mullen Automotive, Inc., expressed his enthusiasm, sharing this pivotal moment with stakeholders.
- Production at the Tunica facility aims to achieve a capacity of 3,000 Class 3 vehicles annually per shift. An additional shift for Class 3 production is in the pipeline, potentially doubling the annual production to 6,000 vehicles.
- The Mullen ONE, a Class 1 EV Cargo Van, will also be launched in Tunica, with deliveries of both Class 1 and Class 3 vehicles projected by the end of the year.
- John Schwegman, Chief Commercial Sales Officer of Mullen Automotive, highlighted the importance of bringing key partners and customers to witness the production phase, ensuring confidence in product delivery and quality.
- Strategically located in North America’s primary logistical center, Mullen’s Tunica manufacturing hub spans over 120,000 square feet, housed on an expansive 100-acre property. This facility is optimized for the production of Class 1 and Class 3 EVs, benefiting from its closeness to major transport routes including rail lines, interstates, river systems, and air logistics.
- Mullen’s Class 3 EV truck, the Mullen THREE, is priced starting at $68,500, eligible for $7,500 federal tax incentives. It boasts features suitable for urban environments, including an 11,000 Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, 38 feet turning diameter, and upfitting capabilities.
Mullen’s recent event underscores its ambitious endeavors in the rapidly growing EV market. Through strategic positioning, capacity planning, and key stakeholder engagement, the company is well-poised to make notable contributions to sustainable transport solutions.