What’s Happening: Volkswagen has launched the second generation of its all-electric bestseller, the ID.3. The upgraded electric car comes with a fresh design, improved aerodynamics, and the latest software. The compact electric car features a refined interior design with high-quality, animal-free, and sustainable materials. The range of colors has also been extended, including the new Dark Olivine Green color. The new ID.3 is one of ten electric models that Volkswagen plans to launch by 2026.
Why It Matters: With the launch of the second-generation ID.3, Volkswagen continues its commitment to quality, design, and operability. The new electric car features a sharpened exterior, improved aerodynamics, and a refined interior design with sustainable and animal-free materials. The latest software and intelligent assist systems make charging more convenient and route planning more efficient. The new ID.3 is one of Volkswagen’s steps towards becoming a zero-emission, software-based mobility services provider.
- The exterior of the new ID.3 features optimized air-cooling openings, a new bumper, and improved aerodynamics.
- The interior combines modern design with sustainable materials, such as microfibre material Artvelours Eco that contains 71% recyclate.
- The new ID.3 comes with standard functions such as Plug & Charge and the intelligent Electric Vehicle Route Planner, making charging easier and more convenient.
- The latest software generation and over-the-air updates are available for the compact driver display and the 30.5-centimetre touch display for navigation, media, and vehicle settings.
- The optional augmented reality head-up display (AR head-up display) projects information onto the windscreen.
- The optional Travel Assist with swarm data is now available in the ID.3, which is a driver assist system that uses swarm data for highly automated driving.
Bottom Line: The launch of the second-generation ID.3 is Volkswagen’s next step towards offering innovations in its whole model range. The upgraded electric car features a fresh design, improved aerodynamics, and a refined interior with sustainable and animal-free materials. The latest software and intelligent assist systems make charging more convenient and route planning more efficient. The new ID.3 is one of Volkswagen’s ten electric models that will launch by 2026 as it aims to become a zero-emission, software-based mobility services provider.