What’s Happening: Alfa Romeo has officially started the retail production of its first plug-in hybrid, the all-new 2024 Tonale, at the Giambattista Vico Stellantis plant in Italy. The Tonale will be available for purchase from June onwards, with a starting U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $42,995.
Why It Matters: The Alfa Romeo Tonale marks the brand’s entry into the premium compact CUV segment and its first electrified offering, showcasing its clear direction towards a luxury, electrification, and connectivity future. The Tonale features best-in-class horsepower and a variety of technology features, including driver assistance systems, Uconnect 5, and Alfa Connect.
- The Alfa Romeo Tonale is the brand’s first plug-in hybrid and enters the premium compact CUV segment with standard all-wheel drive and more than 30 miles of electric range.
- Customers can build and price their Tonale through alfaromeousa.com and select their preferred dealer to finalize the purchase.
- Pricing for the Tonale starts at $42,995 and goes up to $47,495 for the Veloce model. Customers who choose to lease their Tonale can benefit from a $7,500 federal EV tax credit.
- The Tonale features a plug-in hybrid powertrain with a 15.5-kWh lithium-ion battery, a 90-kW electric motor, and a 1.3-liter turbocharged engine that delivers best-in-class 285 horsepower.
- The Tonale also comes equipped with a Frequency Damping Suspension (FDS) system, which automatically adjusts the suspension for a comfortable ride and spirited driving.
Bottom Line: The all-new 2024 Alfa Romeo Tonale is a compelling product that offers customers more than 30 miles of electric range, best-in-class horsepower, and a list of technology features. Its arrival marks the brand’s first entry into the premium compact CUV segment and its first electrified offering, demonstrating Alfa Romeo’s commitment to a luxury, electrification, and connectivity future.