Bramble Energy, a pioneer in fuel cell technology, has inaugurated its brand-new headquarters in Crawley, West Sussex. Named Atrium Court, this state-of-the-art facility embodies a multi-million-pound investment, showcasing the company’s meteoric rise since its inception in 2016.
Why It Matters
Originating as a university spin-out, Bramble Energy has witnessed staggering growth, driven by its revolutionary fuel cell technology rooted in advanced printed circuit board (PCB) technology. The exponential increase in demand and the company’s vision for the future necessitated the transition to a larger establishment to nurture technological innovation in the hydrogen fuel cell sector.
- Atrium Court covers an impressive 34,000 square feet, a three-fold increase from Bramble Energy’s former headquarters.
- Employee growth reflects the company’s expansion, ballooning from merely eight in 2020 to over 80 staff currently.
- The centerpiece of Atrium Court is the Hydrogen Innovation Hub: a global frontrunner in hydrogen fuel cell research, development, and testing. This hub is equipped to shepherd ideas from the R&D stage to production-ready technology.
- CEO Dr. Tom Mason highlights that this new facility symbolizes a significant juncture for Bramble Energy, acknowledging the company’s remarkable growth, robust technology, unwavering support, and a committed team.
- The company’s innovation, PCB-X™ Platform, offers a groundbreaking approach to hydrogen fuel cell manufacturing, promising faster turnaround and cost-effectiveness.
- Financial milestones include securing £5 million in funding in July 2020, an additional £35 million in February 2022, and a £12 million grant from the Advanced Propulsion Centre in May 2023 for a hydrogen bus project.
Bramble Energy’s unveiling of the Atrium Court marks a pivotal moment in its journey, reinforcing its commitment to advancing hydrogen fuel cell technology. With a state-of-the-art Hydrogen Innovation Hub and the ongoing support from financial backers, Bramble Energy is poised to play an integral role in shaping a sustainable energy future.