What’s Happening: Geely Auto Group has officially launched its new high-end electrified product series, Geely Galaxy, at an event in Hangzhou. The first car from the range, the Galaxy L7 long-range PHEV SUV, was unveiled, along with a fully electric concept model, the “Galaxy Light.” Geely Auto also unveiled new advanced electrified technologies, including the new Aegis battery safety system, NordThor Hybrid 8848 powertrain, and latest smart vehicle operating system Galaxy N-OS.
Why It Matters: The Geely Galaxy series offers end-users best-in-class intelligent and electrified vehicles, integrating Geely Auto’s global car development capabilities. The dedicated smart electrified architecture and futuristic new design language created specifically for the smart electrified model range, together with the latest technological advances, raise the benchmarks in the industry, providing safer, smarter, and electrified experiences.
- Geely Galaxy offers high efficient long-range plugin hybrids and pure electric vehicles.
- The range has seven new vehicle models planned within the next two years, four of which will be long-range hybrid electric models.
- Geely Galaxy products will utilize a dedicated smart electrified architecture as well as E-CMA, for its long-range hybrid product range.
- Geely’s Aegis battery safety system offers the highest level of user protection and peace of mind throughout the lifespan of the battery unit.
- The NordThor 8848 powertrain uses the industry’s first predictive energy management system to improve fuel economy by up to 15%.
- The new Galaxy N-Operating System was developed in line with Smart Geely 2025 strategy, offering its models the fastest system startup and response time in its class.
Bottom Line: The Geely Galaxy series launch marks the latest technological advances by the company and once again raises the benchmarks in the industry, providing end-users with safer, smarter, and electrified experiences.