What’s Happening: The Shyft Group, a leader in specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for various markets in North America, announced that it has received certification from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for its Blue Arc™ EV Solutions Class 3, 4, and 5 electric delivery vehicles. The company completed testing and achieved a 200-mile range on the EPA cycle test with a 165kwh battery pack.
Why It Matters: The certification from the EPA is a significant milestone for the Shyft Group as it paves the way for the Blue Arc vehicles to enter production and be sold across the United States. The company is expected to receive final approval from the California Air Resources Board soon. With its 200-mile range, the Blue Arc EV Solutions delivery vehicles offer a game-changing solution to electrifying last-mile delivery.
- Shyft Group has completed testing and received certification from the United States Environmental Protection Agency for its Blue Arc™ EV Solutions Class 3, 4, and 5 electric delivery vehicles.
- The Blue Arc Class 3 all-electric delivery vehicle achieved up to a 200-mile range based on the EPA cycle test with a 165kwh battery pack.
- Shyft’s Blue Arc vehicles are expected to start production and be sold across the U.S. soon after the EPA certification and approval from the California Air Resources Board.
- The Blue Arc Class 3 van received a 45 MPGe combined city/highway rating from the EPA, offering customers more cargo carrying capacity and more range simultaneously.
- The Shyft Group’s nearly 50 years of experience in custom, commercial-grade chassis, and work truck body design and manufacturing bring a unique edge to the competition in the transition to electrified commercial vehicle fleets.
Bottom Line: The Shyft Group’s Blue Arc EV Solutions delivery vehicles have received EPA certification and achieved a 200-mile range, providing customers with an efficient and high-performing solution for last-mile delivery. With approval expected from the California Air Resources Board, the vehicles are set to enter production soon, offering a game-changing solution for electrified commercial vehicle fleets.