What’s Happening: CUPRA, the performance division of Spanish carmaker SEAT, has unveiled its first all-electric SUV coupe, the CUPRA Tavascan, and announced its foray into the metaverse with Metahype during its Exponential Impulse event in Berlin.
Why It Matters: The Tavascan SUV represents the future of CUPRA’s electrified models, while the brand’s expansion into the metaverse demonstrates its commitment to embracing innovative technology and creating unique experiences.
- The Tavascan is slated for a 2024 launch and will be produced at Volkswagen Group’s Anhui factory in China, with an annual target of over 70,000 cars sold.
- The Tavascan will have two power outputs, 286PS (210kW) and 340PS (250kW), with a range of around 341 miles, and can be charged from 10% to 80% in under 30 minutes using a 135kW charging point.
- At the same event, CUPRA revealed the virtual sports car CUPRA DarkRebel, which can be configured by the CUPRA Tribe.
- The brand also officially launched Metahype, its experience space in the metaverse, where users can collaborate, create, and experience various aspects of the CUPRA brand.
- The Exponential Experience, a unique racing concept that merges the virtual and physical worlds, was also introduced.
Bottom Line: CUPRA is making significant strides in electric vehicle innovation with the Tavascan SUV and continues to adapt to emerging technologies, as evidenced by its expansion into the metaverse with Metahype. The brand’s focus on creating unique experiences and embracing digital transformation highlights its commitment to staying at the forefront of the automotive industry.