What’s Happening: Ford Pro has revealed the E-Transit Courier, an all-electric commercial vehicle with enhanced connectivity and productivity features. The E-Transit Courier, designed to accommodate two Euro pallets and boasting 26% more load volume than its predecessor, is fully integrated with Ford Pro’s software and connected services.
Why It Matters: The E-Transit Courier is part of Ford’s $50 billion+ global initiative to lead the electric vehicle revolution, further expanding the company’s electric Transit family of commercial vehicles. The vehicle’s innovative features and electric powertrain are expected to increase productivity and lower non-scheduled maintenance costs by 35%.
- The all-new E-Transit Courier debuts at the Commercial Vehicle Show in Birmingham, UK, from April 18-20, with production set to begin in 2024.
- Its 100kW (136PS) electric motor and one-pedal driving capability deliver an uncompromised driving experience.
- Ford Pro Charging offers end-to-end charging solutions, with an 11 kW AC overnight home charge targeted to take 5.7 hours.
- Complimentary access to the BlueOval Charge Network, including 500,000 public chargers by 2024, is available for the first year.
- Ford Pro E-Telematics provides live data to maximize productivity and support Ford Pro Charging.
- The E-Transit Courier’s redesigned body offers increased load capacity, accommodating two Euro pallets for the first time.
- Advanced driver assistance systems come standard, with optional features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Information System, and Intersection Assist.
- A built-in modem enables always-on connectivity with the Ford Pro ecosystem and wireless software updates.
Bottom Line: The E-Transit Courier demonstrates Ford’s commitment to leading the EV revolution and addressing commercial customers’ needs for increased productivity and efficiency. The vehicle’s innovative features, electric powertrain, and advanced driver assistance systems are expected to enhance performance and reduce operational costs.