What’s Happening: Smart charging company Ohme has announced a partnership with Volkswagen Group Ireland to become the official charging partner for all six Volkswagen Group Ireland brands. Ohme’s range of smart chargers, including its award-winning Home Pro charger, will be recommended for all electrified vehicle sales, and a Home Pro charger will be displayed in showrooms for customers to view.
Why It Matters: Volkswagen Group Ireland is the leader in battery electric vehicles (BEV) in Ireland, with a combined EV market share of 34% in 2022. As the official charging partner, Ohme’s innovative charging technology will provide Volkswagen Group Ireland’s customers with a seamless and efficient charging experience. Ohme’s ability to automatically adjust an EV’s charging for off-peak tariffs and renewable energy generation will also help reduce running costs and lower CO2 impact.
- Ohme has become the official charging partner for Volkswagen Group Ireland, recommending its smart chargers for all electrified vehicle sales.
- A Home Pro charger will be displayed in showrooms for customers to view.
- Volkswagen Group Ireland is the leader in BEVs in Ireland, with a combined EV market share of 34% in 2022.
- Ohme’s smart chargers can automatically adjust an EV’s charging for off-peak tariffs and renewable energy generation, reducing running costs and lowering CO2 impact.
- Ohme already works with a number of other partners across Ireland including the AA, Donegal County Council, and Irish Rail.
Bottom Line: The partnership between Ohme and Volkswagen Group Ireland will provide customers with a more efficient and cost-effective charging experience, supporting Ireland’s goal to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.