Renault has officially announced the upcoming launch of its latest model, the Scenic E-Tech, a fully electric SUV, set to debut at the IAA Mobility 2023 Motor Show in Munich. The new vehicle represents a significant evolution in Renault’s nearly 30-year Scenic series and is tailored to modern families with an emphasis on sustainability and safety.
Why It Matters
The automotive landscape is rapidly transitioning toward electric and sustainable technologies. Renault’s latest offering is not just an electric vehicle (EV); it incorporates advanced features to enhance user experience, safety, and environmental responsibility. The Scenic E-Tech reflects Renault’s commitment to achieving carbon neutrality in Europe by 2040 and globally by 2050.
- Specifications: The vehicle comes equipped with an 87kWh battery and a 160kW (220hp) motor, aiming to provide a range of up to 379 miles (pending WLTP certification).
- Sustainable Materials: Up to 24% of the materials used in the Scenic E-Tech are recycled, and 90% of the vehicle’s mass is recyclable.
- Interior Design: The vehicle features a groundbreaking Solarbay panoramic glass roof, a spacious cabin, and an advanced OpenR Link multimedia system that hosts over 50 apps.
- Safety and Technology: Innovative features like LED Adaptive Vision technology and signature sound sequences designed in collaboration with composer Jean-Michel Jarre enhance both safety and the driving experience.
- Launch Timeline: The Scenic E-Tech is set to launch in early 2024, with options for Techno, Esprit Alpine, and Iconic trims.
The Scenic E-Tech is a critical milestone for Renault as it transitions to a more sustainable automotive future. With a combination of long-range electric power, a focus on recycled and recyclable materials, and state-of-the-art technology, the Scenic E-Tech is poised to meet the evolving needs of modern families while significantly contributing to environmental sustainability.