Ryder System, Inc., a prominent player in supply chain, transportation, and fleet management solutions, has initiated the incorporation of its initial BrightDrop Zevo 600 electric vans. These vehicles are now operational at four key Ryder facilities located in California, Texas, and New York.
Why It Matters
This move symbolizes a significant progression in Ryder’s commitment to address the burgeoning demand for commercial electric vehicles (EVs) in the U.S. The broader goal is to roll out 4,000 BrightDrop electric vans by 2025, with an initial 200 ordered this year.
- Ryder recently held “Ride & Drive” events allowing customers to get firsthand experience of the BrightDrop vans and ChargePoint EV chargers.
- Rental availability has been established in the following regions:
- Southern California (Santa Fe Springs)
- Northern California (Hayward)
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas (Saginaw)
- New York (Long Island City)
- Features of the BrightDrop Zevo 600 include:
- A maximum range of 250 miles
- Payload support between 1,460 to 2,450 lbs
- Cargo capacity of 615 cubic feet
- Ryder’s rental fleet offers comprehensive services, including vehicle tracking, 24/7 roadside assistance, and maintenance. The charging infrastructure is facilitated by ChargePoint.
- Ryder’s recently announced RyderElectric+™ serves as a comprehensive EV fleet solution, offering a range of services from leasing vehicles to charging and maintenance.
Collaborations with innovative entities like BrightDrop empower Ryder to remain a pioneer in advanced vehicle technology. With the inclusion of these new EVs, Ryder underscores its commitment to delivering sustainable commercial fleet management solutions that meet customer objectives. As part of this endeavor, the company endeavors to assist businesses in integrating EVs effortlessly.
For further details on RyderElectric+ and BrightDrop EVs, interested parties can visit the official Ryder website or call their helpline.