Electric Vehicle Leader BYD and Latin American Energy Organization (OLADE) join forces to accelerate electric vehicle adoption in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Promote sustainable mobility through workshops and specialized training
- Site visits and technical demonstrations at OLADE facilities
- BYD to provide a TANG EV electric vehicle model and charging station
- Reduce CO2 emissions and contribute to global efforts to cool the earth
BYD Ecuador and OLADE announced a strategic partnership to advance the cause of electric mobility in Latin America and the Caribbean.
This collaboration will focus on three key areas:
- Promoting Sustainable Mobility: The partnership will organize workshops and training programs on electric vehicles for public and private sectors, academia, and civil society.
- Technical Demonstrations: OLADE facilities will host site visits and demonstrations of electric vehicles and infrastructure for universities, technology centers, and other relevant organizations.
- Research and Development: BYD’s vehicles will be used in OLADE’s electromobility studies, contributing to research and development efforts in the region.
Impact of the Partnership:
- Increased awareness of electric vehicles and their benefits
- Development of a skilled workforce in electromobility
- Acceleration of electric vehicle adoption in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Reduction in CO2 emissions and contribution to global climate change efforts.
- Jorge Burbano, Country Manager of BYD Ecuador: “We are deeply honored to collaborate with OLADE, leveraging our expertise in electric mobility and energy solutions. Our joint mission is crucial – reducing CO2 emissions and contributing to global efforts to cool the earth by 1℃. I am confident that our cooperation will serve as a beacon for knowledge transfer and research, fostering sustainable development and energy security in the region.”
- Andrés Rebolledo, Executive Secretary of OLADE: “This agreement is a key commitment to regional energy integration and cooperation. We are committed to transitioning to a sustainable vision in Latin America and the Caribbean, advocating for a long-term perspective in energy integration. This partnership signifies a notable collaboration for a cleaner and more sustainable future for the region.”
BYD is a leading technology company with a focus on innovation in diverse industries, including automobiles, electronics, rail transit, and new energy. Founded in 1995, BYD is a leader in electric vehicles and has a strong commitment to sustainability.
OLADE is a respected intergovernmental organization dedicated to fostering energy integration, development, and conservation in Latin America and the Caribbean. Established in 1973, OLADE plays a vital role in promoting energy security and sustainable development in the region.
This partnership between BYD and OLADE is a significant step forward for the development of electric mobility in Latin America and the Caribbean. By working together, the two organizations have the potential to make a real difference in the fight against climate change and promote a more sustainable future for the region.