What’s Happening: Fisker Inc. has announced its partnership with Deftpower, a leading provider of EV charging software solutions, to offer Fisker Ocean owners access to Deftpower’s European electric vehicle public charging network. This partnership aims to provide convenient and easy-to-locate public charge stations, seamless public charger experience, and simple payment options.
Why It Matters: This partnership is important for Fisker Inc. as it seeks to provide a comprehensive European public charging solution for its Ocean owners. With Deftpower’s aggregated public charging network, Fisker Ocean owners can locate, access, and pay for public EV charging with transparent pricing. This will help reduce range anxiety and provide a more convenient and stress-free experience for EV owners.
- Deftpower aggregates over 425,000 public charging stations across 900 different charging operators into one convenient, comprehensive charging network.
- Fisker Ocean owners can use the FISKER FLEX℠ Charge app to locate, access, and pay for public EV charging with transparent pricing.
- Ocean customers in Europe can also access one year of free charging at over 30,000 eligible charging ports on the Allego network through the FISKER FLEX℠ Charge app.
- The Deftpower network will be available to Fisker Ocean owners starting with vehicle deliveries in European launch market countries.
- Owners can search for and navigate to charging stations, filter search for DC fast charge locations, do basic EV route planning, and calculate arrival times at charging stops.
- By tapping a Fisker-provided RFID Card or using the FISKER FLEX℠ Charge app, owners can seamlessly initiate and pay for charging sessions and see all charge tariffs.
- Deftpower aligns charging station operators, car manufacturers, and utilities through their Automotive Charging Platform, resulting in cost-savings for all participants.
Bottom Line: Fisker’s partnership with Deftpower provides a comprehensive European public charging solution for Fisker Ocean owners at delivery, offering convenient and easy-to-locate public charge stations, a seamless experience when using a public charger, and super-simple payment options. This move helps to reduce range anxiety, providing a more convenient and stress-free experience for EV owners and contributing to the transition to a cleaner and more sustainable future.