American Honda Motor Co., Inc. has unveiled its new collaboration with major charging networks EVgo and Electrify America, as well as their roaming partners, to provide Honda and Acura electric vehicle (EV) users with an extensive charging experience. This development is bolstered by Honda’s recent move to adopt the North American Charging Standard (NACS), enabling compatibility with Tesla’s Supercharger network.
Why It Matters
- Honda and Acura users gain single-app accessibility to EVgo, Electrify America, and roaming partner networks through their respective EV smartphone apps.
- Features include station discovery, payment processing, subscription management, and redeeming credits.
- New EV buyers will have a choice from three charging packages incorporated into the MSRP, with varying charging credits across the networks.
- All new Honda and Acura EV customers receive a complimentary 60kWh public charging gift from Electrify America.
- In a pioneering move, Honda becomes the first automaker to extend credit offers over multiple charging networks in the U.S.
- Honda’s forthcoming models, including the Honda Prologue and Acura ZDX slated for 2024, will be compatible with the Tesla Supercharger network via adapters.
- American Honda is in a joint venture with world-renowned automakers like BMW Group, General Motors, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz Group, and Stellantis NV. The goal is to establish a leading high-powered charging infrastructure for EVs in North America, ensuring convenience and reliability.
American Honda is making substantial strides in revolutionizing the EV charging experience for its customers. Through collaborations with major networks, the launch of diverse charging packages, and the foundation of a high-powered charging network with global automakers, Honda and Acura EV owners can expect a streamlined and expansive charging infrastructure, setting new standards for the industry.