Mercedes-Benz has taken the wraps off its Concept CLA Class at the IAA Mobility 2023 event in Munich, Germany. This near-production concept provides a comprehensive look at the brand’s future lineup of electric vehicles. Created on the soon-to-launch Mercedes-Benz Modular Architecture (MMA), the Concept CLA Class combines iconic design and dynamic performance on the exterior, while focusing on customer comfort and digital convenience on the interior.
Why It Matters
This latest unveiling is a significant milestone for Mercedes-Benz as it progresses toward a sustainable, all-electric future. The Concept CLA Class serves as the foundation for an entirely new segment of entry-level electric vehicles. It resonates with a demographic that values the hallmark qualities of a Mercedes-Benz, such as comfort and safety, while also desiring state-of-the-art technology and eco-friendly options.
- The Concept CLA Class features next-generation drivetrain technology with a range exceeding 750 kilometers (466 miles) and energy consumption around 12 kWh/100 km.
- Equipped with an 800 V electric system, it supports fast charging—up to 400 kilometers (248 miles) in just 15 minutes.
- The vehicle incorporates the new Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MB.OS), which uses AI and supercomputing to offer advanced personalization, safety, and convenience features.
- The Child Presence Detection (CPD) system adds an extra layer of safety, helping to prevent the accidental leaving of young children in the car during hot weather.
- The MMA platform will help reduce the vehicle’s value-chain CO2 emissions by over 40%.
The Mercedes-Benz Concept CLA Class is more than just a concept—it’s a blueprint for the brand’s electric future. Designed to meet the desires of a new generation of car buyers, this vehicle aims to set new standards in performance, sustainability, and digital experience. With the support of the Mercedes-Benz Modular Architecture, the Concept CLA Class is poised to be a key driver in achieving the company’s Ambition 2039 goal of net carbon neutrality.