Ryder System, Inc., a prominent player in fleet management, dedicated transportation, and supply chain solutions, has just inked its first Ryder ChoiceLease contracts under the innovative RyderElectric+ turnkey fleet solution. Notably, Land ‘N’ Sea Distributing, a leading distributor in the marine and recreation vehicle parts industry, and Servientrega International Inc., a key player in parcel logistics, have become the first to adopt this forward-thinking solution. These companies are gearing up to integrate electric vehicles (EVs) into their operations, backed by Ryder’s comprehensive support in charging infrastructure and fleet management.
Why It Matters
This move marks a significant shift in the logistics and transportation industry towards sustainable practices. As businesses increasingly focus on reducing their carbon footprint, transitioning to electric vehicles becomes essential. Ryder’s RyderElectric+ solution paves the way for a seamless integration of EVs into existing fleet systems, offering a template for other companies to follow suit. This initiative is a leap towards eco-friendly logistics, setting a precedent in the industry.
- Ryder has finalized multi-year contracts with Land ‘N’ Sea and Servientrega under the RyderElectric+ program.
- The contracts include the lease of multiple light-duty electric cargo vans and comprehensive support for charging and infrastructure.
- Land ‘N’ Sea is set to deploy these EVs in South Florida, including the BrightDrop Zevo 600 and Ford E-Transit models.
- Servientrega, committed to reducing emissions, will operate BrightDrop Zevo 600 vehicles for its South Florida operations.
- RyderElectric+ encompasses electrification advisory services, EVs, chargers, telematics, and maintenance, all from a single source.
Ryder’s foray into electric vehicle leasing with the RyderElectric+ program is more than just a business move; it’s a significant stride towards sustainable transportation. By providing a full-spectrum EV solution, Ryder not only assists companies like Land ‘N’ Sea and Servientrega in reducing their environmental impact but also sets a new standard in the logistics and transportation sector. This initiative reflects the increasing importance of eco-friendly practices in business operations, highlighting the role of innovation in achieving sustainability goals. As more companies look towards reducing their carbon footprint, Ryder’s approach offers a viable and efficient path to embracing electric mobility.