Volkswagen showcased its cutting-edge ID.X Performance concept car at the ID. Treffen event in Locarno, situated on the Swiss side of Lago Maggiore, from September 8 to 9. This all-electric sedan embodies a harmonious blend of powerful all-wheel drive, high-end suspension, and a standout design.
Why It Matters
The ID.X Performance debut offers a glimpse into the future of electric vehicles (EVs) in the premium mid-size segment. Maria Soni Reissfelder, Head of Marketing & Sales for Volkswagen’s ID. Family, emphasized the car’s unique combination of sporty performance with elegance. The launch also builds excitement around the brand’s expanding EV lineup, with the ID.7’s pre-sales having recently commenced in Germany.
- The ID.X Performance was conceptualized and based on the new ID.7, highlighting the MEB’s (modular electric drive platform) versatility.
- Andreas Reckewerth, Head of Technology Office MEB, stressed the importance of maximizing performance while retaining the ID.7’s essence.
- Distinctive features include:
- Sporty elements like a carbon front splitter and rear diffuser.
- Enhanced vehicle stance with an 80mm increased toe and a lowered sports suspension by 60mm.
- 20-inch sports alloy wheels and 265 racing tyres.
- A carbon wing at the rear to ensure necessary downforce.
- Carbon bucket seats in the interior with red accents to emphasize sportiness.
- The power-packed dual-motor drive provides 411 kW (558 PS) with a boost function. An additional asynchronous motor on the front axle complements the rear axle’s permanently excited synchronous motor.
- Drive torque is managed by a Vehicle Dynamics Manager, with a dedicated 17-centimeter display screen on the central console.
The ID.X Performance solidifies Volkswagen’s commitment to pioneering in the electric vehicle sector, resonating with EV enthusiasts. The vehicle was among the highlights at the international ID. Treffen event in Locarno from September 5 to 9, where the EV community gathered to celebrate electric mobility. The gathering is driven by passionate ID. Drivers Club members spotlighted the ID.X Performance and gave attendees a glimpse of other Volkswagen EV marvels. This year’s gathering is projected to break attendance records with over 130 vehicles, underscoring the growing enthusiasm for electric vehicles.